Fathers & Sons Speech by Karan Johar


Fathers & Sons Speech by Karan Johar @ IIFA Awards Singapore – 22nd May 2004



Fathers & Sons, probably one of the most emotional in most human relationship, Probably one of the most intense human equations, words alone can not describe what a father and son feel for each
other simply because, there  are such few words in this relationship. So much is left un- said between the two of them, communication or rather the lack of it always broadens the gap between the two of them. There is always a gap between a father & son, always a gap between the name and the surname.

I have always asked my self and today I address this question to all of you sons out there

Why did you stop hugging your father after a certain age, why did u stop expressing and being affectionate to your father after certain Age. Why is there this inexplicable (Difficult or impossible to explain) awkwardness between a father and son, why all your emotions your inner most thoughts your tears always reserved for your mother, your sister and than to your wife. WHY ?

Because you than become a father and than you bottle up, just like your father did and this vicious circle continues, who is going to break this vicious circle. I realised, and I am sure this applies to all of you as well that like everybody else I too had issues, minor issues with my father like every other son, you could call it a generation gap, and you could call it a difference of opinion or call it any thing.

What I also realised, I was sub consciously being the Man my father is, I was talking like him, feeling like him, loving like him, I was just  being him. I than realised that a father not only gives is his, son his name.  He also gives him his personality. So some where if you have a problem with your father you actually have problem with your self.

Ladies and gentle man I have had this realisation and this opportunity to express my self and I wish with all my heart that one day you do too…

My Father Is my Consciousness
My Father Is my Strength
My Father Is my Support
My Father Is my Hero


I don’t say it often enough to you dad, but what better than this global platform than this to say, That I love you I love you very very much.

And I wish I could love u as much as you love me, but I don’t think I am capable of such un conditional love.

I love you , You are my World….. (from Karan Johar to his Father Yash Johar)

Amitabh: Ladies and Gentleman, I do not think I shall  will ever be able to talk , like what a son has just said about his father.
I think what ever needed to be talked about Mr. Yash Johar his son Karan has very ably done.
There are very few fathers that have sons Like Karan and
There are very few Karans  that have father Like Yash Ji ( Sadly Yash Johar Passed away 26 June 2004)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lord Ganesha – Symbols and Inspiration